June 17, 2020, 0 Comments
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program – Round 2
Round 2 of the Queensland Governments Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program has been released with applications open 1 July 2020. The program is part of the Worker Assistance Package that aims to assist employees and businesses who have lost their jobs or income as a result of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re a small business located in South East or Regional Queensland, and have been forced into hibernation following the Queensland Chief Health Officer’s public health directions on 23 March 2020, you may be eligible for up to $10,000 in government funding.
Small or micro businesses principal place of business must be in 1 of the following areas:
• Brisbane (Brisbane City Council)
• Ipswich (Ipswitch City Council)
• Gold Coast (City of Gold Coast)
• Lockyer Valley (Lockyer Valley Regional Council)
• Logan (Logan City Council)
• Moreton Bay (Moreton Bay Regional Council)
• Noosa (Noosa Shire Council)
• Redlands (Redlands City Council)
• Scenic Rim (Scenic Rim Regional Council)
• Somerset (Somerset Regional Council)
• Sunshine Coast (Sunshine Coast Council)
• Toowoomba (Toowoomba Regional Council)
Further eligibility criteria includes businesses that:
• Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by the shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020;
• Demonstrate that revenue has experienced a significant decline since 23 March 2020 over a minimum one-month period due to the onset and management of COVID 19;
• Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (these employees should be in addition to the business owners and be employed on the
• Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020;
• Registered for GST;
• Have a Queensland headquarters;
• Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018-19 or 2019-20 financial year or provide financial records that indicate that this will be met for recently started small businesses;
• Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million; and
• Must not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
The available grant amount is for a minimum of $2,000 and maximum of $10,000. Funds can be used towards things like building brand awareness through marketing and communication activities (content, websites, social media, mobile apps and more).
Once your application has been approved by the program, you will be issued an approval letter. The funds will then be directly deposited into your business bank account within two weeks. Services must be completed within 6 months of the approval letter.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. We can guide you through the online application process including supporting evidence documentation requirements.
For more information, please contact us on 0416 752 693 or email email@example.com
We’re looking forward to seeing your business getting back on track.